2013-01-13

SustainableDesign:OwnWork

Almost forgot there was a group work of reuse and redesign in the our DRS Class, I think I can put that work here.

In my group, there are Joyce Zhao, Vanessa Choy and I, three members, this work was done by us.

The tutor told us to buy a less than £10 thing from Portobello Road, then redesign it to an item which has totally different function and shape. So after hours walk, we decided to buy a leather suitcase (£15).
                                                    ↓↓↓
I took the suitcase home. We discussed to draw our own ideas by ourselves and find a day come to my house and finish the final design together. We thought many stuffs it could be such as hat, chair or brush pot? Too much that I can't remember them all, but most of them were childish......

The final idea we all agreed with was slipper (I remembered it was from Vanessa?). The reason why was out from me, let me show you the relevance: suitcase→travel→hotel→slipper!!!! What's more, because of convenience which people all require nowadays, I decided to make the slipper foldable, so it could be easily packing and taking away, and that textured leather also provide us a good reason to make slippers.
                                        The Process↑↑↑
This is the final outcome, when you unfold it, it will become a cross-shape piece of leather. And the suitcase finally become a "frame"(╯▽╰)




No comments:

Post a Comment