2011-10-21

Those Paintings are Pandora's Box**

Lessons finished earlier today so I have time to visit Tate Britain, where I heard some new shows has set out there.

What impressed me most is the exhibition of John Martin's APOCALYPSE. I can't describe the shock I felt when I first saw his paintings, those large sky and earth are so spectacular. The fusion of colour and scenery is really naturally and distinct, its a very powerful crash to the vision. When you look at his painting, you will find you can see so far into the picture, it feels like you are in that place and experiencing, everything is just too real such as the punishments from those angery gods, sadness and screaming of the human, the peaceful bright heaven and beautiful lady who is in love.

No wonder why the world said “all the artists have double personality”. We can see from his work,some of them are hopeless like the hell, some are full of hope with the green all over your view.

I want to say those paintings are not just a piece of art on the wall, each of them is a space in the frame,it is a hole where links to another world, I could walk into it and step back. This is also why I treat them as the Pandora's Box in the title. Does my description too abstract? Perhaps I was drawn into the stories he painted.
----------------------------------END----------------------------------
Visitors are not allowed to take pictures, so I borrowed some pictures from google. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

No comments:

Post a Comment